Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Okay To Feel

The pain is so deep.  My heart has been physically in pain since the news of our friend's death.  It becomes hard to move, hard to go about the daily things I need to do.  It is paralyzing.  I have often wondered how people get through times like this.  Part of me feels that it isn't possible.

Some amazing friends have given beautiful consoling words and I would like to share one that I am finding helpful right now:

"The best quote from Time Out for Women:
I know everything is going to be okay; but that doesn't make it okay right now.
It is ok to hurt and feel the million feelings inside.  Healing will be a while in coming, but the best things are worth waiting for.
All my love and prayers!"

Knowing it is ok to let myself feel all the sadness, grief, anger, sorrow, the pain.... that helps.  Knowing that the healing does take a while, but I will get there, really helps too.  I am grateful for the friends and family that I have to get me through this hard time.  God has blessed me with some amazing people in my life.  One may have gone home to Him, but it doesn't mean he left us completely.  We have wonderful memories that we have shared and his spirit around us.  And we have the wonderful friends and family to help lift us up during this time.

Today one of my favorite songs came on the radio.  The song now has a completely different meaning to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment