Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Sweet Daughter

Today I sat down with my 4 year old daughter, E, and played Candy Land.  It was fun to spend that one on one time with her.  After she won the first game, she felt really bad and wanted me to win the second game.  The luck of the draw didn't let that happen, so she won again.  She told me again that she wanted me to win too, so wanted me to keep drawing cards until I got to get to the end.  I got to a couple squares away from the end 3 times, only to end up drawing a candy card that sent me almost all the way to the beginning each time.  Finally, after going through the deck a couple times, I said I was giving up.

She said in her sweetest voice, "Mom, we can find a game that is easier for you."  She was so genuine and sweet.  The whole time she cared about me.  She didn't gloat about winning or anything.  It made me realize I must have done a pretty good job raising her to be compassionate and caring.  Which makes me feel like less of a failure.  I find that pretty miraculous :)

1 comment: