Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Being Father's Day my mind has been filled with so much appreciation for my dad and my husband.  I am so very blessed for these two men in my life.

First I will start off with my dad.  I have looked up to him since I was old enough to look up to someone.  He has always been such a hard worker, honest, loving, kind, and service oriented.  I went through a very difficult time as a teenager and young adult.  My dad NEVER gave up on me.  He easily could have because I seemed like such a lost cause for many years.  But he never did.  He loved me unconditionally.  He helped me whenever I needed help.  He was always a shoulder to lean on (him and my mom).  I am truly blessed to have him as my dad.

My husband is just as amazing of a man in my eyes.  Of course we had our hard times, but those times are in the past.  I love him more than I thought imaginable and our love grows deeper daily.  He is such an amazing husband and father to our 3 kids.  He completes me.  I know that tends to be thought of as a cheesy movie line, but really he does complete me.  I can't imagine my life without him.

My life is so blessed.  Looking from the outside people may wonder how I can feel so blessed since we are living with my parents right now due to not being able to afford our own place.  We struggle financially.  But those things aren't what matters most.  We have a loving home that we get to live in with people who love us.  My husband works very hard to support us and still go to school full time and find time for the kids and me.  Yes, I am truly blessed.  And I thank Heavenly Father every day for all that I have in my life, especially for my husband and parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment