Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Such a Beautiful World Right Now

Tonight, out of the blue, my 4 year old looked outside and said, "Wow, it's such a beautiful world right now!"  They way she said it was so heartfelt.  It caused me to pause and take a moment to look around at the world and see just how right she was.  It really is a beautiful world right now.  The sun was shining, the air felt clean and warm.  I breathed in and it sent a wonderful, serene feeling throughout me.  It took a 4 year old to get me to stop and take the time to even notice it all.  I am so glad that she did.

I tend to go through each day in a rush.  I am constantly thinking of all the things I need to get done.  My mind rarely takes a rest.  But today, thanks to my wonderful daughter, I let my mind rest for that moment.  Let my mind take in the beautiful world that surrounds us.

No comments:

Post a Comment