Thursday, June 16, 2011

Praiseworthy Day

Here it is 1 in the morning and I am just now getting time to sit down to the computer and write my blog.  My day was rather busy, but partly I was also afraid to sit down and try to think of a miracle or blessing that occurred today.  Looking back on the day I see it as a good day.  We got to hang out with good friends this morning then go with a Realtor to look at houses.  I got to spend time with my niece who is so good at making me laugh.  But looking back, what I see as my miracle today is a conversation I had with my oldest  daughter (J) and the affect it had.

I have 3 kids.  My oldest 2 are almost 6 years apart so they tend to argue a lot.  J gets tired of the younger one (E) tagging along and wanting her non-stop attention.  E gets tired of being shoved aside and ignored due to being younger.  Tonight they were arguing again.  I took J aside and explained to her the meaning of the phrase, "You reap what you sow."  It was a real good conversation and she seemed to really take it in.  A little bit after that we were tucking the kids into bed.  E jumped into J's bed and was claiming to be stuck so was unable to go to her own bed.  Normally J would get mad and yell at her for even just being on her bed.  This time she made a game of it.  "Oh no you're stuck!  I better pull you out!"  They were both giggling non-stop.  Every time J would get her "unstuck" then E would "get stuck" again.  It was so wonderful to see her change her attitude about it tonight.  It was so nice that it was hard to make them go to bed!  We praised J and then tucked them into their own beds.

I think that definitely is worth being grateful for.


"Life is not measured by
the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."

No comments:

Post a Comment