Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tape Measure Miracle

I have been struggling to lose weight for the past 3 years.  I gained a lot of weight due to my thyroid.  I was always thin so it was real hard on me to be over 200 lbs.  I finally was doing well at eating right and exercising daily and was able to lose 35 lbs.  But then I got pregnant.  I only gained 15 lbs and ate whatever I wanted.  Since I was able to eat a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream each night and whatever else I wanted during the day and barely gained weight, it was really hard to break that after giving birth 2 months ago.

I start doing good at counting my calories and exercising, but then not seeing very quick results and all the stress I have been under, quickly makes me go back to my best friend....chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!  So needless to say, I have been struggling to lose weight.  I have been gaining 4 lbs then losing 3 or 4...back and forth with that.

Yesterday and today I did real well with taking time to exercise.  Today I decided to measure myself and compare to last month.  The results made me feel so good about myself.  I lost 2 inches off my belly, 1.75 inches off my hips and 2 inches off my thighs.  I have been feeling so bad about my looks (mainly my weight) lately, so this gave me that little boost I needed to feel good about myself at least a little.  To see that there is progress and I am not stuck in a rut like I thought I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment