Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Open the Eyes of my Heart, Lord

Life is hard. Every day seems to bring challenges. Our economy is such that many people are struggling financially and I am one of them. So often it is easy to just look at all the negative things around us and forget to look for the blessings. So often the daily miracles go unnoticed. I think each day would be much easier to make it through if I would notice those everyday miracles and make sure to be grateful for them and thank God for those miracles and blessings.

My challenge to myself is to post a daily blog about the miracles/blessings that I have in my life. It will help me to see the positive and actively open my eyes to see the positive things each day. I know how much I love reading peoples experiences about inspirational things that have happened in their lives and hope others will feel the same about mine. I don't expect there to be big, extravagant miracles going on each day, but even the small and simple miracles are meaningful.

A song that has been one of my favorites for several years is, "Open the Eyes of my Heart, Lord." Some of the lyrics are, "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. I want to see you." If I open my eyes and see all my blessings and all the miracles in my life, then I will see (and feel) God stronger in my life. This realization is one of my blessings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment