Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Kids Are Full of Surprises

I decided that since school is out for the summer, we needed to make a schedule.  That way it wasn't just everything chaotic each day with all 3 kids home.  I made up a schedule and we presented it to the kids last night.  They were actually quite excited by it.  That took me by surprise!  The part they were most excited about was doing worksheets to keep their minds fresh for next school year and about getting to exercise together.

We had a late night so I didn't follow the schedule fully this morning... My plan is to get up at 7:30 each morning so I can have a moment to myself to say my morning prayer, take a shower and be ready for the day.  Then wake up the kids, make/eat breakfast, followed by exercising as a family.  Since we had a late night and I showered last night, I slept in.  I meant to get up at 8:30, but slept through until 9:15.

To my surprise, the girls had gotten up, made their beds, got dressed and had breakfast.  All the things that were on the schedule.  Then they were waiting for us to have family scripture and prayer together.  How great of them to follow it happily and without being reminded!!  They were real excited about exercising together too.  After doing stretches, we took a 40 minute walk.  E loved it so much that she thanked Heavenly Father in her bedtime prayer that we got to "exercise as a family."  So sweet!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea to make a schedule! I need to do that. Also your kids sleep in?! How do you get them to do that? Mine are awake at 6am! No matter what time they go to sleep. Lily didnt go to sleep until 1am last night when I got home from work and she was still up at 6!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They used to both get up when the sun rose. Now I guess the curtains I use make it dark enough. It used to drive me crazy that they would get up by 6. Lily I think must have something going on to make her get that little of sleep!

    ReplyDelete