Saturday, July 23, 2011

Answered Prayers

We have all been praying that something would work out for us to buy a home.  My husband and I both felt rather hopeless because nothing has been working out.  We have been living with family for over a year and have had our things in storage for just as long.  It has been discouraging, but we kept praying.  Then last night something happened.

Every night my husband and I read scriptures together.  Last night while reading scriptures at 1 in the morning, I reached over and touched his hand.  Upon touching his hand, I immediately felt a rush of happiness go shooting up my arm, to my heart and throughout the rest of my body.  Then about a minute later I had another feeling of energy rush through me from head to toe like a bolt of lighting.  With this came the clear thought into my head, "You have the money to pay for a years worth of renting.  Rent instead of buy."  I also had the thought with it that we would have better income by then to qualify for a higher loan than we are now, which means getting a nicer house that won't have to be totally renovated. 

I had it in my mind for so long that we can't afford to rent.  But because of the car accident settlement, as small as our portion ended up being, we can rent a home.  I was so excited and so happy.  I had a difficult time going to sleep.  I wanted to shout from the rooftops that God had answered my pleas!  God listened and answered!  What an incredible feeling that was.  I went into the bathroom and cried as I thanked Heavenly Father a couple dozen times.  (was too embarrassed to let my husband see so that is why I went into the bathroom lol)

Today I have felt happy and excited and grateful.  Instead of waiting months and months to see if we would get the short sale house that would take a few thousand to fix up, we could be moving into a place in the next couple weeks.  God is good.  All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment