Sunday, July 3, 2011

Simon Says, "Play with your kids."

The weather was absolutely beautiful today.  Almost too warm for my liking, but it was gorgeous out.  My two older daughters wanted to do something "special" with me.  They were suggesting board games or video games, but it was way too nice out to be inside.  Plus with there being a big age difference between them, it makes it difficult to find a game we can all play together.

We began with Simon Says and then went on to play Red Light, Green Light.  It got pretty interesting when we switched spots so that I wasn't the one calling out the commands because I was having to attempt to play while holding my baby in my arms.  So needless to say, I lost every turn. Which of course made the girls find it even funner.  Then we ended with playing "Mother May I," which I hadn't played in probably 20 years! :) 

It is amazing how doing something as simple as stepping away from the chores that need to be done and instead play a game with the kids can make ones day brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment