Friday, July 1, 2011

Sparking a Memory

This past week has been rather stressful (which is why I haven't had the chance to write).  Finally today we got all packed up in the van and headed home.  After being gone for the week, I was looking forward to getting home to my own bed.

Still feeling stressed and overwhelmed from the week, I sort of grumpily sat in the passenger seat as we drove home.  Part way into our trip, I looked up and noticed the butterfly hanging from the rear view mirror.  It is always there, but because it has hung from my rear view mirror in any car I have had for the past 6 years, I have gotten used to it being there and tend to forget it is even there.  But today I noticed it and it brought back good memories.

When my oldest daughter was 3, my sister-in-law had gotten all the nieces and nephews together (the ones that lived nearby) to help them make Mother's Day presents.  This is what J made for me.  It was my very first Mother's Day present.  It meant the world to me and still does.  Seeing it hanging there as a reminder of J's love for me just made my day

No comments:

Post a Comment