Monday, July 11, 2011

Life is Looking Up

We have been living with family for going on 15 months.  As much as we love being around family, we certainly are ready for our own place.  Things keep happening that make it so we aren't able to get our own house or place to rent.  I got sick of getting my hopes up that it would happen any time soon.  I got my hopes up with the car accident settlement and had those hopes crushed (after the lawyer gets his cut and Labor & Industries gets their cut...then insurance company and doctors....we were left with barely anything at all).  So I gave up.

Then out of curiosity and boredom, I was searching houses online.  I found one that is super, super cheap.  Barely over the amount we qualify for in a loan.  I texted my husband at work and told him that if L&I will reduce their lien on the settlement in half then we would have the exact right amount of money to pay my student loan off and put a down payment on that house.  Wishful thinking....or so I thought.

Well, my mom brings in the mail and there was a letter addressed to my husband from L&I.  I patiently waited for him to get home and as soon as he walked in the door I handed it to him to open.  In it the letter stated the amount we are expected to pay them.  They reduced their amount the exact amount we needed them to.

What an amazing miracle!  Of course we aren't positive that things will work out with that particular house, but that doesn't change the miracle that happened and it won't change my belief in answered prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment