Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lead By The Spirit

Fifteen months ago we sold our first home and moved in with family.  Thinking it would be a couple month situation, we went into it rather enthused.  Then things didn't work out.  We have been living with family ever since.  Although I am so very grateful for my family and for them allowing us to stay with them for so long, we definitely have had a hard time getting used to not having our own stuff and our own space.

We have been trying so hard.  My husband has been working so hard (working a job even with his back in so much pain), but we stayed stuck for a very long time.  It honestly seemed like we would never get a place of our own.  Until this past week when we decided to find a place to rent and pay a year on (which I blogged about in Answered Prayers )

We have been searching for a house in a very specific area of town and nothing was working out.  Then last night I was looking at ads with my mom.  I ended up clicking on one that was slightly more than the ones we had been looking at.  It sounded amazing.  I called to ask where it was and when she told me (and it wasn't in the area we wanted) I said, "thank you" and hung up.  Something told me to call back and ask if she would allow pets and ask to see it.  So I called right back.  She normally wouldn't want pets indoors, but said if I can promise I would make sure they wouldn't tear up the house then she would allow it.  Then she said if 9 pm wasn't too late that we could see it last night.  Otherwise wait til morning.  We opted to see it at 9 pm.

We weren't planning on taking the kids to see it, but we didn't get them to bed in time so ended up taking them with us.  When we pulled into the driveway we felt so good about it.  Then as soon as we walked into the house we fell in love.  It was exactly what we have been looking for.  The kids were running around all excited.  They went upstairs and chose their rooms (surprisingly no fight, they each wanted a different room!).  As we walked around from room to room, it felt like home.  We began planning where things would go.

It was 9:20 pm...we decided we wanted it.  I called the landlord (she had the neighbor show us the house because she lives far away) and talked to her about it.  I was expecting her to say she would get the application for us to fill out for the background check and credit report (which is what all the other places asked for), but instead she asked, "How soon would you like to move in?"  I told her as soon as able.  She said, "I will drive up tomorrow and you can sign the paperwork and I will give you the keys." 

I was in total shock!  I whispered to my husband and Mom, "We move in tomorrow!"  They got so excited.  When I got off the phone, I told the kids.  They were screeching and jumping up and down.  My 10 year old, J, started crying.  Worried she was crying because it meant switching schools and church building, I asked if she was ok with it.  She nodded and said how happy she was. 

What an incredible miracle and blessing.  God has truly provided for us.  He has blessed us to greatly.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Katie! It's so nice when things work out that way! It's hard to jump into something with your eyes closed, and especially when you have kids & tend to be a "planner" type of person. But sometimes all we need to do is prove that we have faith, and then the blessings are poured into our lives. Congrats to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up! Im so happy for you guys. And even more happy that you wont get rid of me! haha. Im so happy and cant wait to see the place. Hopefully I can make it out there one day soon.

    ReplyDelete