Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blessed By God's Love

So many amazing things have happened in our life this past week.  It has been chaotic with the move, but each day has been filled with blessings and little miracles.  I just didn't have internet hooked up until yesterday, so wasn't able to write about them.

It is so apparent that God is in our lives.  That his hand guides us and that he wants to see us each succeed.  Difference is, God's thoughts on success are different than most mortals.  We view success as having a really good paying job, big house, fancy car...you know, the type of things that make us feel good enough about ourselves to want to go to our high school reunions.  Success in God's eyes are very different from those things.  His kind of success is far greater.

I am so grateful to have God in my life.  I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of him and his son, Jesus Christ.  I am so blessed to have been born into a Christian family so that I could grow up knowing about our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ.  In my adult life things always turn out as long as I have listened to the promptings of the spirit in where I need to be and what I need to be doing.  Even during the struggles, as long as I stay close to God then I am just fine.

He takes care of us.  I have heard people ask why he lets bad things happen to us if he loves us so much.  Why he lets us make mistakes, etc.  I have come to realize, through being a parent, that you can't MAKE your kids make the right choices.  All you can do is provide them with the knowledge they need in order to succeed and make the right choices.  It is up to them to use that knowledge.  If they are made to make the right choices then they learn nothing from it.  If they make bad choices, fall at times, then they learn and grow.  That is what God does for us.  I am so grateful that he loves me enough to let me make my own mistakes and choices.  Because I have grown so very much the past couple years due to making wrong decisions and even due to making right decisions.

I am just feeling so extremely blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment