Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bedtime

Yet another post that most won't quite understand unless they are a parent...

My 2 older kids have been very difficult to get to sleep lately.  We will get them all tucked in around 8 and it will take about 3 hours before they will finally fall asleep, sometimes longer.  It has made bedtime so stressful!  I used to look forward to bedtime so I could have a moment of peace and time spent with my husband, but that hasn't worked out lately.

Tonight was definitely a miracle.  The older kids were asleep by 8:30!  Neither one got out of bed, goofed off or came up with excuse after excuse to come talk to us.  It was wonderful!  My husband and I had started watching Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Part 1 last night and didn't get to finish it due to the kids getting up so much.  So I am very happy that we get to cuddle up and finish watching it tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment