Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Importance of Family

Family is so important to me.  The way I prefer life is to be surrounded by as much family as I can.  I am fortunate enough to live 1/4 mile away from my brother, his wife and kids.  And for the time being, my husband, kids and I live with my parents. I feel so blessed to have so much family around.

My niece is staying with us for the summer.  She is so wonderful with my kids and is always making us laugh.  Tonight my mom, niece and I sat around at the dinner table after everyone else had gone off to do other things.  We talked and laughed as we put off cleaning up and putting the kids to bed.  I really needed those few moments talking and laughing.  Where we all could just be ourselves.  That is the beauty of family.  It is safe to be ourselves around them.  These moments are ones I will always cherish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment